Parents and students,
Again, I apologize for the delay in posting the choreography video. I’ve been relying on a Homewood student to create the choreography video for auditions and, unfortunately, that student was unable to complete the video. I have asked our regular choreographer to create a video and I should be receiving that video within a day. I know this has been frustrating and no one is more frustrated than I. The good news is that everyone auditioning will have the same amount of time to prepare and the judges will be made aware of the issues we’ve experienced.
I’d also like to remind everyone that there is a planned audition rehearsal for all students on Wednesday after school until 4:30pm. This is a perfect opportunity to go through the choreography in the choir room (where auditions will take place). I will be available to answer any questions and to help where I’m able. I strongly suggest that students attend this practice in preparation for their audition. I also suggest that each group get together to practice on their own. Since individuals will be performing the choreography together, it’s a good idea to practice together and help each other out.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience and again, my apologies on the delay.
Please be patient while we work to upload the choreography video for HMS Show Choir auditions. I apologize but we have run into a few unexpected issues. We hope to have the video posted by this week or early next week. Students shouldn’t worry. Usually choreography camp is the week of auditions, the video will provide more time to prepare.
Thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you have any questions.
6th and 7th grade students interested in auditioning for HMS’s show choir, the Patriot Singers should read and sign the information packet and return the last page to Mr. Litten ASAP.
Patriot Singer Audition Information
Let Mr. Litten know if you have any questions.
Congratulations to all students who tried out for show choir this year. It takes incredible maturity and courage to show others your talents in a nerve-racking environment. The level of ability of all the students who tried out went well beyond my expectations and I’m proud of all the students who worked so hard for auditions. Unfortunately I can’t take all of the students who auditioned. Please don’t let this stop you from auditioning for other musical opportunities whether in Homewood or elsewhere.
If your name is on the list below you should be receiving a packet of information through the mail which must be signed and returned as soon as possible. Also, there is a mandatory parent meeting on Thursday, August 15 from 5:00pm to 5:45pm in the HMS Choir Room.
Once again, congratulations! I look forward to a successful and rewarding year.
2013-2014 HMS Patriot Singers
Students who are auditioning for 2013-2014 HMS Show Choir:
Voice Audition Materials are available on the Audition Materials page.
Dance Audition Video are available here (the first two will NOT work on mobile devices; see below these for YouTube links to the same videos):
YouTube links to the choreography videos (use these links if you’re using a mobile device; I apologize for any inconvenience).
Auditions are on Friday, May 17. If you have not signed up for a specific time please see Mr. L as soon as possible.
Here are some pointers for auditions:
- Practice, practice, practice, repeat (as many times as needed). When nervous you will forget half of what you learned. So…prepare 1.5 times more so that you are 100% prepared when it’s your turn.
- Practice in front of a mirror then watch the choreography video then practice in front of a mirror then fix what looks different or any mistakes you made then repeat.
- Practice with your group. Since you’ll be doing the choreography with your group it’s best if you dance with them ahead of time.
- Students should show up early for their auditions. Wearing nice clothes is not required but students are welcome to do so. Please do not wear dresses or skirts. Hair and makeup is optional as well. The judges are not judging on looks but it’s always wise to dress to impress. Wear comfortable shoes which are easy to dance in and it’s always best if you practice in the clothes and shoes you plan on auditioning in.
- The judges are not only looking for who has the best voice or who does the choreography correct, they are also looking for personality. Smile, smile, smile! Oh, and make it look like you’re having fun and want to be a part of the group.
- In the unlikely event that a mistake is made the best thing to do is go on. Don’t stop. There is a lot to be said about someone who makes a mistake but can get right back on track as unfazed as possible. Remember, judges are looking for personality too.
- The judges know that you have only had a few days, in most cases, to prepare for auditions. The judges are trained in either or both music and choreography and know how nerves can effect a performance especially in an audition.
- Sign in with Mrs. Binkley outside the choir room.
- Get with your group, warm up and go over dance
- Students will do their voice audition one at a time in front of 2 judges.
- Students will do their dance audition with their group in front of 2 separate judges.
- Once finished students should leave.
The 2012-2013 show choir list should be posted on the HMS Choir Blog (this page) Monday, May 20 before 5:00 or once I receive the go-ahead from the HMS administrators. Please be patient if the list isn’t posted by 5:00pm. I will try my best to post any changes to this time on the choir blog.
Follow the link below to view the choreography for 8th grade Legacy auditions. Please arrive at Homewood High School by 6:00pm prepared with the choreographed dance and a song of your choosing. Auditions will be finished around 6:45pm.
Each girl will also need to fill out and sign the attached By-laws. Bring the signed back page to the auditions on Friday. Mr. Thone will take those up before their audition.
Use this video to practice your choreography.
*This video is unavailable without this link and is not available for download.
By-laws: SHOW CHOIR RULES AND EXPECTATIONS - Please sign and return back page to Mr. Thorne before your audition.
Enjoy our Halem Shake video. The Snowman is back!
HMS Choir Harlem Shake
Congratulations to the following students who auditioned for and were selected for roles in the upcoming spring musical Honk!, Jr. These students need to see Mrs. Binkley for their script preferably before the holiday break. There is a mandatory parent meeting for all students involved in the musical on Monday, December 17 at 4:30 in room 211 (Mrs. Klotz room on 7th grade hall).
Honk Cast List
2012-2013 Patriot Singers:
There is an important parent meeting scheduled for Friday, August 17 at 3:00 pm in the HMS Choir Room. Please make every effort to attend this meeting. Students are welcome to come. If you cannot attend please let me know as soon as possible.
Also, please fill out the Parent Info Form! It would be helpful if this was completed before the parent meeting on Aug. 17.
Thank you and I’m looking forward to the coming school year.